Friday, October 2, 2009

West Jordan - 10/1/09

First off, I want to warn everyone that the West Jordan D.I.'s automatic doors are currently out of order. I made the mistake of approaching the doors too quickly, and made quite the scene when they didn't open. After gathering my phone and my wallet off the concrete, I alerted the store manager and started shopping.

I went to the West Jordan D.I. yesterday to look for a new ab-roller. I found one, but one side of the handle had been mauled by what appeared to be a large dog. I still tried it out on the "Yard Area" floor, but decided to pass on it due to its high price of $5.00.

I also came across some other great items.

For you hunters out there, the West Jordan D.I. has 14 racks of camouflage clothing. Don't waste your money at Cabela's when the WJ D.I. has a great selection of camo ranging from $3.00 - $15.00 per item.
I found an (incomplete) oversized chess set in the "Toys Area." These chess pieces are being sold individually for $0.50 each, or offered in a bulk sale discount at $7.00.

I also came across a complete set of five Salt Lake County Jr. Jazz jerseys. These reversible micro mesh jerseys all have an athletic-cut style with silver/navy blue colors. I almost bought the #10 jersey today, but just couldn't split up the complete set. (Please note the #3 jersey had some sort of maroon stain across the front right portion of the jersey)

I was surprised to find three commode chairs in the West Jordan "Yard Area." I sat down on all three of them, and found them all to be stable and comfortable. The inventor of the commode chair should be credited for the design of the chair, which uses the toilet seat cover flap as a back support during use. All three commodes were standard stand-alone toilets (without wheels) for use at the bedside, bathroom, or shower. This commode chair would be a great gift this holiday season to anyone who has problems with slippery surfaces in the bathroom, or has weakened muscles and balance problems which could affect their ability to travel to the bathroom and use the toilet.














2 comments:

  1. The West Jordan D.I. managers should consider putting the "commode" chairs in an "emergency preparedness" section. I'm thinking they would come in handy if the plumbing went out due to a natural disaster...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna has clearly beaten me to the punch so I simply endorse her opinion on my way to West Jordan to pick up an exciting new addition to my emergency preparedness collection. My collection currently consists of a box of matches, two separate boxes of MREs intended to furnish food for 30 days. Three used flares and a 20 pack of dental floss purchased at Costco for an incredible deal. The commode chair will fit perfectly.

    ReplyDelete