Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sept. 29 visit to Sugarhouse

Today I hit Sugarhouse during my lunch hour before getting fish tacos at Rubios. I found a good belt I wanted, but it was a little too long and I don’t have a leatherpunch, so I had to pass. It was nevertheless a very productive trip, as I found out that VHS movies are now “buy one, get one free.” Here are some other items to consider:






If you, like me, have ever found yourself with the decorating dilemma of whether to adorn your mantle with a nice candle or a statue of a small bird with a large head and a tutu, you will be happy to find that this is no longer an “either/or” predicament. The sculptor of this figure was no doubt inspired by the “Tweety” character from Warner Brothers, and decided to immortalize his inspiration in the form of solidified bacon grease. The figure is not in perfect condition, which explains the low price of $1.00.






Some people may be paranoid about lying down naked on something they found at the D.I., but those few people will miss out on a great deal on a 3-SPEED BUBBLE MAT!!! This luxury item is usually reserved for such high-end vendors as Brookstone and QVC, but is now found on the bottom shelf of the D.I. basement near the used curling irons and electric callus sanders. The sexy blonde model on the box entices you to lay back and relax in a warm bubble bath while you wonder how many people used this product before you did and what made them decide to throw it away. D.I. Price: $15.00



This sparring helmet once belonged to a champion, at least until he got his face caved in by a bigger alpha male. The padding has taken a lot of abuse, suggesting that this guy was no Chuck Liddell. Due to the amount of wear around the interior of the mouth pads, I’m pretty sure he lost several teeth while wearing this helmet. Other than the wear and the sweat, blood, and saliva stains, this helmet is ready for a new contender. Go Rocky. D.I. Price: $3.00

6 comments:

  1. I am touched by the selflessness of Dan and Mike. Here they are...both busy men, involved in their careers, and they take the time out of their schedules to serve the public in this way. Truly great men. We're honored to know both of you--really.

    Ralphene Dorcas Schmedley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a proud and frequent shopper at D.I. This blog will now have a place of honor on my Google Reader, where I may acquire tips and admire treasures that have been found by others. Bravo, DI style!

    Some posts for your consideration:
    *How to haggle a price on an item with no pricetag.
    *The phenomenon that occurs amongst shoppers when the employees wheel out a cart of "new merchandise".
    *How to converse with an acquaintance who is embarrassed that he/she has been spotted at DI.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel that this website will change the lives of many, like myself, who hate the D.I. Like an obedient wife, I have faithfully read each post on this site and I must say that my heart has been softened toward the D.I. in ways that I cannot describe. Indeed, it was the Chris Kirkpatrick doll that did it for me. As an avid NSYNC fan, I always felt sorry for Chris, who was known as the "ugly" one in the group. I admire the D.I. for looking past appearances and proudly displaying the doll. To all of you Chris Kirkpatrick haters, BOO YA! Daniel and Mike, thanks for the inspiration. Keep the good work moving forth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a hypothetical question...if one went to the D.I., sorted through multiple bins and shelves, chose some great items, bought said items, but upon arriving home, realized that one didn't need any of the merchandise one had just bought, would one still feel good because one bought these items from the D.I.? Just wondering...

    ReplyDelete
  5. pistaccio...you'll be happy to know that I recently found the steal of the century at the west jordan D.I. I got some nike free running shoes..looked like it had only been worn a few times on a treadmill at only a max speed at 3.6 So a grand total of 6$ was all I had to pay for such a gem

    ReplyDelete
  6. Has anyone ever had any success with price-haggling at the D.I.?

    ReplyDelete