Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Murray 10-6-09
Murray finally put up its pumpkin banners and I must say that they look pretty sharp in the new store. I can hardly imagine what the Sugarhouse store will look like once it’s completed. (On that note, there was an article in the Trib (see link) about a potential conflict between Deseret Industries and Salt Lake City over the number of parking stalls and an allegedly historic mansion on the property. Of course you know on whose side I fall. I’ll be curious to see the response from D.I. I've learned from Greg Shields, agent for Pentad, that the deal has not yet closed.)
So I bought a two-dollar belt at Murray today. I’ve been searching for an off-white belt to match some casual shoes. I’ve always been self-conscious wearing a brown belt with the off-white shoes, so hopefully the colors will match. I know you’re not supposed to wear white after Labor Day, but I think a belt could be an exception.
Even if I hadn’t found the belt, the day would have been very productive.
I was standing in line at the register, ready to purchase this item, but then realized I had no idea what it was. I was initially attracted to the solid feel of this product; it’s made of quality stainless steel and has non-slip handles. It also has two double-pronged ends with tightening screws that would definitely be good for applying this product to its intended purpose. I don’t have a lot of experience with this particular model, but I think it’s safe to say that it is one of the nicest around—the “Rolls Royce” of whatever this item is supposed to be. I’m still thinking about buying it, but haven’t yet figured out how I might use it. I’m afraid it might end up in my basement next to the three-foot cube of foam and 10-inch diameter plastic pipe that I’m still storing for some future—and heretofore unknown—need. Just to be safe, I hid the item under the bike helmets in case I decide that I can’t pass it up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


That's got to be for poking holes in the lawn. You step on the middle bar. Do you do that in Utah or is it an AZ thing?
ReplyDeleteLisa found the cutest bumblebee costume for Rachel at the Mesa DI today. $4! Of course that's pre-Halloween pricing but we thought we would splurge.
Dan, the metal object that you almost purchased is a grab bar that you clamp on the edge of a tub. I would have to disagree with you on the fact that this is the nicest model on the market. Clearly the BGB3000 (which comes out early 2010) is far superior with a new unparalleled clamping system. Not all of the details have been released, but they have released a few facts about the new clamping system. August 6th they released new information that the entire product will be made from 100% recycled goods. They also hinted at rubber on the inside of the clamp to prevent any detrimental scratches to the tub. One issue I hope they are able to resolve with this model is to avoid direct metal to skin contact to avoid that smell you get on your hand after touching metal. If they are able to resolve that issue, I think you are going to be hard pressed to find the BGB3000 for at least several decades at the DI. My advice to you is to go back to the Murray DI ASAP and hope that those bike helmets haven't been moved because you better believe that Old Man Taylor probably already snatched up the older but solid BGB1000 model.
ReplyDelete