Apparently the Sugarhouse D.I. will be officially moving further west.
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_13209694?IADID=Search-www.sltrib.com-www.sltrib.com
I'll admit I'm kind of nostalgic about seeing the old store go. The three-level design is both unique and functional. That said, parking has always been a problem and the loading dock gets quite congested. I'm hoping that the new store continues to deliver the quality items I've come to rely on.
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Like many things in the modern world, I have felt for some time that the old D.I. would someday be redeveloped or replaced. And so it is. Time for expansion. Time for new blood. Time for a fresh start. Ultimately, time to replace the Sugarhouse D.I. with a larger, newer, and more accessible store with a "Yard Area."
ReplyDeleteI am very excited for the new D.I. With roughly 250 parking stalls on the 4.19 acre Cicuit City site, how can you not get a little excited? Change is always hard, but I am confident that the new Sugarhouse D.I. store will continue to carry the items which put it on the map. Some of these items include classy Christmas sweaters, antique furniture, a great selection of ties and belts, city league tank tops, bed frames, mirrors, and men's slacks. And while sometimes overpriced, the Sugarhouse D.I. was relied upon by many to have these items in stock.
Thanks for all the memories!
I inspected the Circuit City site again today and noticed that the site can be accessed off of 700 East, 2100 South, 800 East, and Lake Street. This is very rare for such a well located property. This should allow for excellent parking and item drop-off circulation.
ReplyDeleteI got in my car and sped down to the D.I. to buy that grater. Unfortunately, it was gone. I'd like to know what you can do about that.
ReplyDelete